Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 2 Whizzed By

While traveling through the Hawkeye state (not referring to the eye of a Hawk by the way), its better to ride passenger (don't worry Mel, Omar wasn't driving). While enjoying this ride from Cedar Rapids to Vinton, I was finally able to view and experience some of the amazing elements in Iowa; crisp fresh air, snow banks, frozen rivers, icicle covered trees, story book farm houses, and most of all.. seat warmers, oh yes my favorite discovery here In Iowa, seat warmers.

These political Iowans are sure smart, and this is no kiss up. Here's my reasoning- Nevada has 17 Counties..... Iowa has 99 ....... and these local field people know them all! On that same note, I still haven't met an Iowan wearing overalls with hay in their jaw. I will continue to look though, and if unsuccessful I've been told by numerous caucus staffers, the National news will surely find them on Caucus night to interview (this my friends is a very, very sensitive issue to Iowans).

Just what the Dr. ordered! Valerie Biden-Owens at Cafe 218 (that's an interesting mix)- although the chicken soup at the cafe is probably the best in the world, Valerie is what we needed. This job is tough and a little VBO can fix you right up. The below conversation is a perfect example:

Voter: "I love Joe Biden, he is the most experienced candidate and would make a great president" -"but I don't think he can win". Relate Biden supporters? Well here's the response our Valerie gives. "Do you have any back bone? Well then Caucus for him!" How great is that? Every vote and delegate in Iowa can make a difference! Nevadans, repeat after me; VALERIE BIDEN OWENS FOR FIRST SISTER!!!! If your wondering, the voter responded with an"OK".

Travis Brock .. Norm Stezenbach (Senior) says "HI".... and boy did he tell me some stuff about you....

These Iowans can be very tricky, tricky, tricky. Tonight we attended a "delegate negotiation tactical meeting" this is big time Iowa strategy secrets- and now that I have heard it 3 times, I am getting it down. Omar, I hope you were listening!

OK... Have to go, I think I have about 2 hours before report time... I am on all day phone bank duty tomorrow. I'll give you all a report mid day...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You can read my mind even that far away! How did you know that when I read about riding as a passenger I was crossing my fingers it wasn't with Omar? And aren't seat warmers wonderful? When you get back to Vegas I'll have to let you know what we called them while I was in Tacoma at the wedding. Trust me, your life will never be the same, and you'll never be able to use one without thinking of my term or me. :) Stay warm! Austin says, "Bark!"

Anonymous said...

I have a 2005 Saturn van with seat (bun)warmers.